The cause of this bug was due to the removal of "check_foreign_data_source" which used to check the connection and existence of the table being referenced in the federated connect string or server definition during "CREATE TABLE". Since then, a nice clean convenience method "real_connect" has been added. I simply modified it to take two arguments: a share, and a simple flag saying if the method call is the result of create table. Before I modified this method, the class share was being used which is made available though the call of "get_share". However, when "CREATE TABLE" is called (ha_federatedx::create), get_share hasn't been called, hence the need for passing a share which exists due to the previous call of "parse_url" (just a temporary share to use to test the connect string for correctness).
One odd issue I experienced, is when I added this check, it would hang and then time-out with error 1159. This only happens on create, and it only happens if you are creating a federated table that connects to the same server (not something you should really do anyway). I did add logic to ignore the check if localhost/127.0.0.1
So, one bug down, more to go!
Please find the download for this new release at: